Symptoms Of COVID : Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
• Fever or Chills
• Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
• Muscle or Body Aches
• New Loss of Taste or Smell
• Sore Throat
• Congestion or Runny Nose
• Nausea or Vomiting
Myths v/s Facts
1. Myth : Having A Bath with Hot Water Will Kill The Virus
Fact : The virus lives inside the body where the temperature is maintained at 37ºC and is not affected by a hot water bath that you have.
2. Myth : Eating raw garlic, sesame seeds will protect you against the virus
Fact : Garlic is a healthy food that has other benefits but does not protect you against the Coronavirus.
3.Myth: Statement: Getting the pneumonia vaccine will protect you against the virus
vWhile vaccines for Pneumonia will certainly protect you against pneumonia, it has no protective effect against the Novel Coronavirus.
5. Myth: Statement: You can get COVID-19 through mosquito bites
Fact : The Coronavirus cannot be spread through the bite of a mosquito. It is spread through droplets spread when an infected person sneezes or coughs
6. Myth : Statement: Spraying alcohol or disinfectant over your body can prevent infection
Fact : Spraying with alcohol or sanitizer on clothes and body, or consuming alcohol will not prevent you from getting infection. Infection spreads when the virus enters the body through the nose or mouth. Cleaning and wiping hands with alcohol is to prevent the germ from entering your system through infected hands when you touch your mouth, or you eat food with infected hands.
7. Myth : Statement: Regularly rinsing the nose with saline will prevent the infection
Fact : Rinsing nose with saline has in few cases helped in containing common cold, but has no evidence to suggest it is effective against the Novel Coronavirus infection